Susan Halsey Executive Leadership Award
Susan Halsey was a formidable Fort Worth attorney and businesswoman.
She was a founding member of the Greater Fort Worth Real Estate Council and chaired a number of committees within the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce, serving as its chairman in 2013-14.
During her career, she became managing partner of Jackson Walker, LLC's Fort Worth office and was honored by the Fort Worth Business Press as one of the "Great Women of Texas." Halsey passed away from colon cancer in December 2014.
2017 Award Criteria
The Susan Halsey Executive Leadership Award is a recognition program sponsored by the Fort Worth Chamber to honor leadership excellence in business in the Fort Worth Metro area. It recognizes presidents, principals or chief executive officers for devoting time and energy to strengthen and transform the organization they lead. This includes specific situations or initiatives where the recipient’s insight, discernment and ability to lead and inspire have guided their organization to a new level of growth, achievement or recognition.
- Support business advancement
- Create a vision and inspire others
- Establish a positive image for his or her business while leading it to higher levels of success
- Encourage innovation and risk-taking among employees
- Give back to the community
In order to be considered, the nominee's employer must be a current member of the Fort Worth Chamber and be located within the Fort Worth metro area. The nominee must be a president, principal, general manager of CEO of their company. All nominations must be submitted online. The submittals must meet all of the requirements below:
- A nominating form describing the nominee’s qualifications, including information describing the individual’s efforts to: actively support advancement, create a vision and inspire others, establish a positive image for his or her business while leading it to higher levels of success, encourage innovation and risk taking among employees, give back to the community and mentor. Nominee’s professional or related vita. The nomination document will be published online.
- Two supporting letters endorsing the nominee. See co-nominator form.
- Click here to see a sample of Supporting Letter.
- Nominations which include a few short questions about the nominee, a professional vita and two letters of support online.
- A small ad hoc committee with representatives from several chamber committees will review the nominations and select three finalists.
- The Fort Worth Chamber Chairman’s committee will select the recipient of the Susan Halsey Executive Leadership Award.
- Nominations launch on March 23, 2017 and the deadline for submittal is Thursday, May 4, 2017.
- May 4, 2017 - Deadline for nominee form and two supporting letters
- May 11, 2017 - Finalists selected
- June 01, 2017 - Award recipient honored at a reception prior to the Fort Worth Chamber Annual Meeting