JOB TITLE: Event Manager
TITLE OF SUPERVISOR: Senior Director - Marketing
Date: October 2022
The Event Manager is responsible for planning all FWC events and hospitality experiences alongside the Senior Director of Marketing. This position will coordinate various styles of events that are designed to enhance the FWC’s mission to bring together the Fort Worth region.
The Event Manager responsibilities include managing production from concept through completion, researching and securing venues, planning event logistics, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, monitoring timeframes and budgets. As well as other administrative responsibilities.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic with fresh ideas, detail-oriented, dedicated to providing superb customer service, exceptional organization abilities, out-of-the box approach to problem solving, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have a team-oriented attitude.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with internal staff, FWC members, and vendors to establish the requirements for an event and lead planning meetings.
- Plan and facilitate logistics including guest lists, seating charts, venue preparation, vendor selection and creative materials.
- Fulfill sponsorship benefits as listed in the event prospectus.
- Estimate event costs and plan within outlined budgets.
- General responsibilities including data input and creation of event registration webpages in Chamber CRM, management of internal event communication calendars & other administrative responsibilities.
- Provide a high level of customer service to Chamber membership and community partners.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Marketing, Hospitality, Public Relations or related field.
- Experience in event planning, project management, marketing or similar.
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience with MS Office, ability to learn CRM system or event software.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skill.
- Must have excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
DECISION-MAKING AND ACTION TAKING:
- Must be collaborative and work in a team environment
- Brings ideas and suggestions to the table and is not afraid to offer feedback or input
- Requires servicing the needs of investors and working with the team
- Ability to make customer service decisions that are consistent with our vision, mission and goal.
- Must follow clear routines and standing instructions
- Moderate noise level
- Some lifting of boxes of up to 50 pounds
- Early morning meetings and evening functions
FWC CORE VALUES:
- Go Above & Beyond
- Be Fearless
- Be Transparent
- Get Stuff Done
- Good Vibes Only