JOB TITLE: Project Manager
DEPARTMENT: Economic Development
TITLE OF SUPERVISOR: Executive Vice President
The Project Manager is part of the Chambers Economic Development team that implements the Business Attraction, Retention and Expansion pillar of the Fort Worth Chambers Strategic Plan. This team will utilize the supporting functions of the Chamber (Marketing, Research, Events, etc.) to achieve the Business Attraction, Retention and Expansion pillar short-term and long-term goals.
Specifically, the Project Manager will assist in the chambers business attraction and expansion project management efforts aimed at achieving our targeted goals (shown below). This role will provide industry leading client support and customer service throughout the project life cycle,
enhancing the Fort Worth area’s probability of success.
Daily activities require the efficient management of multiple tasks including market research, proposal response, monitoring project status, communications with clients and community partners, supporting market visits, and managing the incentive process.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare professional responses and proposals to project inquiries
- Collaborate with local economic development organizations and professionals to execute an efficient and effective lead distribution and the client response process
- Identify, create and present quality proposals to local and state governments, as well as the client and/or site selection consultants
- Manage the strategy for client follow-up and ongoing project related communications
- Support our local economic development partners in effectively and efficiently responding to economic development opportunities
- Manage the execution of company and consultant market visits
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a network of national location advisors and corporate real estate professionals
- Support the business development efforts of the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce
- Assist with the planning and execution of business development missions
- Support the effort to identify business growth opportunities within the Fort Worth area
- Represent the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce on economic development boards, committees, and in other professional organizations as assigned
- Foster and build relationships with key partners, investors and stakeholders throughout the Fort Worth area
- Track all relationships, campaigns and project activity in the designated CRM
- Performs other related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a background in planning, marketing, real estate, business or related field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in economic development, specifically dealing with both existing industry and new attraction clients
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Work effectively in a fast paced team environment
- A self-starter with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Professionalism and discretion in handling highly confidential matters is a requirement of this position
- The ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally is essential
- Strong and effective customer service skills
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Acrobat, and other CRM, real estate, research and mapping programs
DECISION-MAKING AND ACTION TAKING:
This position may require making decisions regarding matters, which are beyond written procedures and determine procedures for major activities.
- Some domestic travel
- Moderate noise level
- Some lifting of boxes of up to 25 pounds
- Long periods of sitting
- Early morning meetings and evening functions
FORT WORTH CHAMBER BUSINESS ATTRACTION & EXISTING BUSINESS RETENTION AND EXPANSION OVERVIEW
- Attract targeted and emerging companies and industries by marketing Fort Worth and leveraging, enhancing and developing community assets and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Fort Worth area businesses and governments to identify opportunities for growth, and develop solutions to enrich the environment for existing business success.
- Through the Business Attraction and Retention pillar, help position the profile of Fort Worth as an international city.
- Through the Business Attraction and Retention pillar, help enhance our community's assets to improve its attractiveness and livability.
STRATEGIC PLAN GOALS THROUGH 2021
- Attract 3 corporate headquarters
- Attract 2,000 new jobs with wage rate greater than county average
- Create 2,000 jobs from existing companies with a wage greater than the county average
STRATEGIC PLAN ANNUAL GOALS
- Attract 500 jobs with a wage rate greater than the county average.
- Work with stakeholders to help streamline and modernize the process of doing business with the City of Fort Worth.
- Begin to identify top business attraction challenges through a report card.
- Add 500 new jobs to existing companies with a wage rate greater than the county average.
- Identify, help and solve top existing business challenges through annual report card.