To recognize and honor businesses who have demonstrated exemplary “Best Practices.”
- Any for-profit business headquartered in Tarrant, Parker, Denton, Wise or Hood counties.
- The applicant must be the owner, partner or major shareholder of the business, and active in its day-to-day operations.
- The business must be financially stable and operational for a minimum of three years with the exception of the Emerging Business which is less than three years.
- Businesses that have an employee serving on the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors or Small Business Council Committee will not be eligible for consideration.
- Past Small Business of the Year recipients cannot apply in the same category they have previously won.
- No Company sponsoring the Small Business of the Year can apply for Small Business of the Year.
- Businesses must be a member of the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce at the time the award is presented.
There will be six awards presented; one in each of the following categories:
- Emerging Business (start-up company in business less than three years, not a buy-out of an existing company)
- Technology Business
- Service Business (ex: accounting firm, law firm, consulting business, etc.)
- Consumer/Retail Business
- Manufacturing/Distribution Business
- Best of Show Award (2019 Overall Winner for Small Business of the Year)
Must be a stand alone, for-profit business not associated with or owned by any non-profit entity.
Business/Location must file its own tax return; it cannot be included as part of a larger business entity’s tax return filing.
Awards are based on information relevant to the conclusion of the businesses’ most recent fiscal year prior to September 1, 2018.
- Business Growth and Performance
- Sound Business Strategies and Practices
- Customer Service Strategies and Practices
- Business Challenges
- Unique and Innovative Approaches
- Community Involvement and Contribution
- Employee Relations
- After reviewing all applications, an evaluation team will choose three finalists in each category to continue on in the competition.
- Finalists in each category will be presented to a blue ribbon judges’ panel for final judging, which will include an on-site visit. The winner in each of the five categories will be announced at the Small Business of the Year Awards Night, on January 24, 2019.
- Highlighted on the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce website as Applicant
- Two complimentary reservations to the Small Business of the Year Awards Night
- Recognition in program at Mayor’s State of the City Luncheon
- Highlighted on the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce website as Finalist
- Highlighted on the Fort Worth Business Press website as a Finalist
- Small Business of the Year Award to display in your place of business
- A Small Business of the Year Award banner to keep and display
- Highlighted on the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce website as Award Recipient
- Listed in the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting program as Small Business of the Year Award Category Recipient
- Inclusion in the “How the Small Business of the Year Award Can Work For You” marketing information provided by the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce Communications Department
- Other awards to be determined
- October 5, 2018 Nominations Due
- October 26, 2018 Applications Due
- November 19, 2018 Finalists Announced No Later Than
- December 3-7, 2018 Finalists On-Site Judging
- Monday, December 3rd – Emerging
- Tuesday, December 4th – Technology
- Wednesday, December 5th – Service
- Thursday, December 6th – Consumer/Retail
- Friday, December 7th – Manufacturing/Distribution
- January 24, 2019 Small Business of the Year Awards Night
- February 19, 2019 Mayor’s State of the City Luncheon (Award Recipients Announced)
- TBA Impact Your Business Luncheon – “Best Practices from Best Businesses”
SAVING APPLICATION PROGRESS
If you need more time to finish your application, then you can return to the application and complete without backtracking over data you’ve already filled out.