2. What Personal Data do we collect?
We collect two types of Personal Data about you:
Passively Collected Data
Like most websites, we may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser when you visit our website. The information that we collect with these automated methods may include your IP address, cookie information, browser type, system type, date and time, pages visited, and the referring URL.
We use this type of information to measure and improve the performance of our site. On occasion, we also access this type of information to investigate or maintain the stability and security of our site.
Voluntarily Submitted Data
Certain pages on the Fort Worth Chamber site may invite you to share personally identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, or telephone number. Sharing that information will allow you to make a donation, join our email list, sign a petition, or participate in other similar online activities. Other examples include:
- Marketing Communications. Fort Worth Chamber receives user-submitted Personal Data from users wishing to be sent additional promotional information on Fort Worth Chamber. Such Personal Data includes information such as name, phone number, company, title, and email address.
- Registering for a Community. When you create an account on Fort Worth Chamber, we collect Personal Data from you including your name, email address, phone number, and social media account information.
- Attending our events. When you register for and/or attend our events, we collect Personal Data including name, phone number, company, title, and email address.
- Job applications. As Part of its recruiting activities, Fort Worth Chamber receives personal Data from users submitting job application materials to be considered for Fort Worth Chamber employment (“Recruiting Data”). This Recruiting Data includes anything that an individual chooses to include, such as a resume or application, and typically consists of job history, education, personal interests and activities, name, email address, phone number, and residence address. Further, Fort Worth Chamber collects gender, race, and military status from employment candidates to assist Fort Worth Chamber in its equal employment opportunity (EEO) compliance and related statistical tracking to help our diversity efforts. In connection with job screening activities, Fort Worth Chamber also requests Personal Data sufficient to have background checks conducted prior to hiring.
As mentioned above, some of the Personal Data we receive from you is collected by automated means. Such Personal Data includes:
Personal Data we might receive from other parties:
- From social media sites. Fort Worth Chamber collects data about individuals that is made available to Fort Worth Chamber and other third parties by social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and others through APIs or social media monitoring technology (“Third Party Sites”). This data includes names user IDs social media handles, gender, and other information that individuals choose to make publicly available on social media sites. Fort Worth Chamber monitors the public activities of individuals on social media sites, including posts, blogs, tweets, and profile information.
Additionally, when a Customer provides or accesses information through one of our Services, we may receive information from the Customer’s input of, in response to, or by way of interaction with content generated by the Customer’s use of the services, such as event submissions.
- From Our Customers. We collect information that our Customers provide us to enable them to log on and use the Services. This data consists of Personal Data of the authorized users, company information and configuration, content, internal communications, and notes.
- From third-party websites and partners. We also collect information from partners and other websites (“Visitors”). For example, we ask or engage third parties to tell us additional information about Visitors, such as how they responded to our communication or promotions.